About This Episode
Joe and Christian talk about this fraught election, focusing on RBG’s Trump remarks. Joe makes a confession.
This show’s links:
- ELB Podcast Episode 14: Erwin Chemerinsky, Did Justice Ginsburg Cross the Line?
- Dahlia Lithwick, Deciphering Justice
- Richard Hasen and Dahlia Lithwick, The Real Reason Why Judges Should Keep Quiet About Elections
- Mark Sherman, AP Interview: Ginsburg Doesn’t Want to Envision a Trump Win (“I don't want to think about that possibility, but if it should be, then everything is up for grabs.” Note that this is what Christian mistakenly remembered as “all bets are off.”)
- Adam Liptak, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, No Fan of Donald Trump, Critiques Latest Term (“I can’t imagine what this place would be — I can’t imagine what the country would be — with Donald Trump as our president.” “For the country, it could be four years. For the court, it could be — I don’t even want to contemplate that.”)
- Nina Totenberg, Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg Apologizes for Trump Comments
- Learned Hand, The “Spirit of Liberty” Speech
- Oral Argument 61: Minimum Competence (guest Derek Muller)