About This Episode
Joe, Christian, loyal dog Darcy, a fire, some coffee, and melting snow. We kick back and talk about stuff that has been on our minds. This leads to three very different topics. First: we disagree whether the Supreme Court should strike down the President’s recess appointment to the National Labor Relations Board. Text vs. history vs. practice. Second: The Atlanta snowstorm traffic fiasco, in which we discuss mountaineering and computer programming. Third: What makes Dahlia Lithwick so great? Darcy makes a few appearances.
This show’s links:
- Cornell’s Legal Information Institute
- SCOTUSblog page for NLRB v. Noel Canning
- Jay Bookman, Really, by now metro Atlanta ought to know better
- Object-oriented programming
- Matthew Yglesias, Atlanta Is a Regional Transportation Planning Disaster
- Tracy Thompson, What Does Racism Have to Do With Gridlock?
- Dahlia Lithwick, Bright Lights, Fake Kiddies