Podcast of Record
Episode 174 · July 7th, 2018 · 2 hrs 11 mins
About this Episode
Just Joe and Christian on a double-album of an episode. Lots of nonsense and a smattering of sense, including: notaries public, international sport and boycotts and drugs, bears and snakes, the Deep South and weather, these days and conversation, a tiny, incomplete dip into the mailbag, the pronunciation of Argunauts, what we should do with our lives, law and neutrality, law as a substitute for war, 2 + 2 = 5 and right and wrong, hard and easy problems, freedom reasoning and the New Lochner, court packing, changing the constitution of the Supreme Court, religious tests for office and the nature of convictions about convictions.
This show’s links:
- All about notaries public
- Rebecca R. Ruiz and Michael Schwirtz, Russian Insider Says State-Run Doping Fueled Olympic Gold; the "McLaren Report" on Russian doping in Sochi
- Stephen Herrero, Bear Attacks: Their Causes and Avoidance
- Ella Morton, The Snake Catchers Who Handle Australia’s Most Venomous Home Invaders
- About the "Deep South"
- Katie Herzog, How Air-Conditioning Made America — and How It Could Break Us All
- Christian Turner, The Failures of Freedom
- Oral Argument 134: Crossover (guests Dan Epps and Ian Samuel)